Romantic relationship, primary relationship, your main squeeze… whatever you call it, the health of your relationship with your partner has a huge impact on your happiness. In a related area is your desired relationship status versus your actual relationship status. Creating goals and a process to get you to where you want to be with your one and only can be a frustrating process without some guidance. Here are some resources to do the deep dive into improving the state of romance in your heart and home:
Podcasts: Romantic Relationships, Dating
- Where Should We Begin with Esther Perel
- I Do Podcast
- Love Life with Matthew Hussey
- Talking It Out with Mike & Bryan
- The Relationship School
- Let’s Get Vulnerable: Relationships and Dating
- It’s Never Too Late: Dating Advice for Women & Dating Tips for Women Over 50+
Books: Marriage, Dating, and Relationships
- Getting the Love You Want: A Guide For Couples by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman
- Mating in Captivity: Reconciling the Erotic and the Domestic by Esther Perel
- Eight Dates: Essential Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by John Gottman, Ph.D., and Julie Schwartz Gottman Ph.D.
- Listen, Learn Love: How to Dramatically Improve Your Relationships in 30 days or Less by Susie Albert Miller
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: a Practical Guide from the County’s Foremost Relationship Expert by John Gottman, Ph.D. and Nan Silver
- Set Boundaries, Find Peace: A Guide to reclaiming Yourself by Nedra Glover Tawwab
- The Tao of Dating: The Smart Woman’s Guide to Being Absolutely Irresistible by Ali Binazir, M.D., M. Phil.
- Loving Bravely: 20 lessons of Self-Discovery to Help you Get the Love You Want by Alexandra H. Solomon, Ph.D
- How to not Die Alone: The Surprising Science That will Help you Find Love by Logan Ury
- Attached.: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How it Can Help You Find and Keep Love by Amir Levine, M.D. and Rachel S.F. Heller, M.A.
- The Enneagram in Love and Work: Understanding Your Intimate and Business Relationshipsby Helen Palmer